- Glass: Green, clear and brown. (glass can not be recycled at this facility at this time)
- Cardboard: Please have it broken down flat before entering the facility.
- Paper: Brown and newspaper.
- Plastic: #1 and #2 only. This is stamped on the material itself.
- Tin: Cans
- Aluminum: Cans
- Motor oil: Only oil! No other liquids!
- Batteries: Car, truck, lawn mower and marine only.
- Tires: Only during the annual Clean up week.
Please no plastic bags, hazardous materials or garbage of any kind.
This facility is self-serve. Drive-through access is provided – no walk-ins.
Disabled and elderly will be assisted.
Wright Township uses single-stream recycling, which means recyclables do not have to be sorted. However, certain bins in the center are single source. Please read signs to see what items go in what bins.
The rules will be strictly enforced and any violators will be turned away. Residents are asked not to arrive before the center opens. This causes traffic congestion on the incoming lanes.
Cooperation is appreciated and necessary for the success of the center.
For more information on special collections including tires and electronics, call 570-474-9067.
Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(Mountaintop residents only)
Beginning Oct. 1, permits are required. Permits are free for Wright Twp residents and $25 for other Mountain Top residents. Permits may be purchased/obtained Saturday on site, ID is necessary.
Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(This is for local businesses only. Not public use.) Beginning Oct. 1, $50 (small business under 10 employees) or $100 large business fee for permit. Permit can be purchased/obtained on site.
Facility is unmanned.
200 North River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
MOUNTAINTOP AREA COG YARD WASTE FACILITY
- Oak Hill Road in the Crestwood Industrial Park
- Wednesday 10am-2pm and Saturday 10am-4pm, April through November.
- Will open in January date TBA at from 10am – 4pm for Christmas tree drop off.
Requires Annual Permit ($10 for Wright Twp residents) seniors over 62 free. Permits may be purchased at COG facility.
Leaves, grass and small branches are accepted.