- Glass: Green, clear and brown.
- Cardboard: Please have it broken down flat before entering the facility.
- Paper: Brown and newspaper.
- Plastic: #1 and #2 only. This is stamped on the material itself.
- Tin: Cans
- Aluminum: Cans
- Motor oil: Only oil! No other liquids!
- Batteries: Car, truck, lawn mower and marine only.
- Tires: Only in the first full week of May. Clean up week only.
Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
(Mountaintop residents only)
Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
(This is for local businesses only. Not public use.)
Facility is unmanned.
This facility is self-serve. Drive-through access is provided – no walk-ins.
Disabled and elderly will be assisted.
Wright Township uses single-stream recycling, which means recyclables do not have to be sorted.
The rules will be strictly enforced and any violators will be turned away. Residents are asked not to arrive before the center opens. This causes traffic congestion on the incoming lanes.
Cooperation is appreciated and necessary for the success of the center.
For more information on special collections including tires and electronics, call 570-474-9067.
200 North River Street
Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
MOUNTAINTOP AREA COG YARD WASTE FACILITY
- Oak Hill Road in the Crestwood Industrial Park
- Wednesday 10am-2pm and Saturday 10am-4pm, April through November.
- Will open January 12, 2019, 10am – 4pm for Christmas tree drop off.
Requires Annual Permit ($10 for residents). Permits may be purchased from the Township Secretary at the municipal building 8:30am-4pm.
Leaves, grass and small branches are accepted.