Annual Spring Clean Up
The township’s annual spring cleanup will be held the week of May 6-11. Township employees will pick up large items at residences for a fee on May 6 through 8th. Dumpsters will be available behind the municipal building to deposit items on Wednesday, May 8th from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM and on Thursday and Friday May 9th through 10th from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM and on Saturday May 11th from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Arrangements can be made for pick up of large items. There will be a fee of Ten Dollars ($10.00) for pick up plus Five Dollars ($5.00) for each large item such as couches, mattresses, grills, lawn tractors, etc. Appliances will be picked up also (see fee schedule below) by calling the Supervisors office Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM during the month of April. Pick ups will be scheduled for Monday through Wednesday May 6 -8th. All items must be placed at roadside by 8:00 AM on Monday, May 6th. Only items on the list that have been prepaid will be picked up. No items will be picked up curbside after May 8, 2019. Any items after that date will be required to be brought to the municipal drop off site at the township building.
No construction materials, paint cans, automotive parts, propane tanks or hazardous materials will be accepted. No electronic items will be accepted. Wright Township will hold a separate electronics recycling event on Saturday June 15th.
Residents can bring items to the dumpsters at the rear of the municipal building May 8-11th. No items will be accepted without pre-paid permits. Permits can be obtained in advance from the Supervisor’s office.
Fees included permit or pickup fee and additional charge for large items as listed below.
PERMIT FEE SCHEDULE:
- $5.00 FOR CARS – each visit
- $10.00 FOR PICKUPS – each visit
- $10 CURBSIDE PICK UP FEE
- $15 CURBSIDE PICK UP FEE FOR LARGE ITEMS
- $10 CURBSIDE YARD WASTE PICKUP
ADDITIONAL FEE SCHEDULE:
- $25.00 FOR COMMERCIAL TRUCK (OVER 8’ BOX) – each visit
- $20.00 FOR EACH REFRIGERATOR, FREEZER OR AIR CONDITIONER –10,000 BTU’s or above
- $12.00 FOR EACH DEHUMIDIFIER and AIR CONDITIONER below 10,000 BTU’s
- $10.00 FOR EACH WASHER, DRYER, DISHWASHER, STOVE OR WATER HEATER
- $2.00 FOR EACH CAR TIRE – all tires must be off rims
- $4.00 FOR EACH 16” TIRE – all tires must be off rims
- $8.00 FOR EACH 16.5” TIRE – all tires must be off rims
- $2.00 FOR MOTORCYCLE TIRES
NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO DEPOSIT ITEMS UNLESS THEY HAVE A PERMIT.
This annual clean up is for Wright Township residents only. Proof of residency required.